The internet offers numerous opportunities for you to make money online. Unfortunately, the internet can also be a minefield of scammers. Because of this, many who have dreamed of earning a part time or full-time income from home have given up. If you're dreaming of a way to supplement or replace your income at home, you can do so if you know where to look.
1. Freelance your expertise. If your specialty lends itself to freelancing remotely, take advantage of your scheduling flexibility and begin seeking paid work online. If possible, ask your current employer or existing clients if they'd be comfortable allowing you to work from home.
2. Affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is selling the products of others online for a commission. If you're inconsistent and sporadic with your efforts, you'll be lucky to make $100 in a year. But if you're consistent and diligent with your efforts, the sky's the limit on your earnings.
3. Virtual assistant. A virtual assistant is essentially an office or personal assistant that serves their clients from home rather than a traditional office setting. You'll likely answer emails, set appointments, and spend time making various types of spreadsheets.
4. Blogging. As a blogger, you're totally your own boss. But with this freedom also comes great responsibility. You're in charge of creating daily blog posts, driving traffic to your blog, and sourcing advertisers for your blog. For greater success, you'll also want to build a list of targeted subscribers.
5. Selling your own product. The classic method of making money online is selling your own product. Whether you make aprons, clothing, and kitschy décor or you're selling manufactured cell phone accessories, there's a place for your business on the internet.
Dr. Vishwas S Srivastava, A Doctorate in Literature and A Visionary Edupreneur & Techie-Mentor
Co-Founder & CEO of Topcademi (New Era Digital Eduversity & An E-Learning Market Place)Founder & CEO of Next Gen Achievers (An Edu-Hub & Community for Digitalpreneurs & Educators)